STRATEGIC PLAN 2018-2020
In 2018, ISMe moved its first steps by setting up the core structure of the School: we identified the most renowned experts in the field on metronomic chemotherapy, both at a preclinical and clinical level, who are now the Scientific Committee of ISMe. They are responsible for coordinating and supporting, together with the President, the activities of ISMe around the world.
ISMe plans to be fully operational by the end of 2019, providing independent, evidence based, patient-oriented education to health professionals, including clinical and medical oncologists, radiation therapists, surgeons, nurses, patients advocates and medical students on the topic of metronomic chemotherapy. Some courses are already available: the 3 preclinical modules, the 2 breast and the lung module. As soon as the other courses will be ready a banner will appear on the website, and all users who have enrolled on some of the courses will be contacted to alert them of the new modules.
Due to unmet educational needs outside Europe, ISMe will include the Eurasia region, Mediterranean region, North and South Africa, Middle East, South-East Asia, and Central/South America.
At the beginning of 2019, an Asian Sub-Committee was identified: Colleagues and Experts from China, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines South Korea and Australia joined the School. They are actively working to identify the major unmet needs in their Countries, to organize dedicated and specific Scientific Meetings and to find Partners among their Scientific Associations in order to reach Physicians at all levels, bringing and spreading the core message of ISMe “devoted to patients, devoted to knowledge”. In parallel, we also performed meetings focused on breast and lung in the areas, in order to meet local clinicians and introduce the School. These meetings have been denominated: “Train the trainer”.
In 2019-2020, we will increase these “Train-the-Trainers Meetings” on breast and lung cancer topics, with the aim to create ISMe testimonials at a local level.
For 2020, ISMe will continue to offer the most important scientific updates on the topic of metronomic chemotherapy. At the same time, we are planning to launch the first “clinical case collection”, in order to allow an easy and fruitful way to share the individual clinical experience with metronomic treatment.
ISMe CORE FACULTY
ISMe’s Core Faculty are all well recognized experts in the field of metronomic chemotherapy or are active participants of ongoing trials exploring new areas of research.
The core Faculty has the mission to maintain updated the literature section, to give lectures to applicants, evaluate their examinations and provide all the support needed to keep the school at the highest level of knowledge.
All ISMe Core Faculty Members are highly recommended by the School for lecturing and tutoring in their individual field of expertise.
ISMe is a distance learning school completely focused on spreading knowledge on metronomic chemotherapy, both at a pre-clinical and a clinical level.
Depending on location ISMe will provide web-based training (WBT), or computer-based training (CBT).
ISMe Educational Program is composed of 11 different Modules. Each Module is organized and chaired by a Faculty Member, previously presented and approved by the Scientific Committee.
Each Module can be attended separately from the others, even if the suggestion of the School is to attend each of them in sequence.
The training material consist of webinar recordings, pdf, literature and case studies.
The school permits to obtain EACCME® credits, as long as the attendee performs at least 10 out of 11 online modules and relative tests (multiple choice).
• The modules are reserved to healthcare professionals and fifth and sixth-year medical students (undergraduates specialized in the following medical disciplines: Oncology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Surgery, Gynaecology, Pathology, Hematology, Pediatric, Pneumology,Senology, Urology)
• All attendants must be fluent in English
• Attendance to the 10 module sessions is mandatory for those interested in achieving European CME credits
• Broadband internet connection
• Loudspeakers or Earphones
• Preferably use Chrome as browser
1. Pre-clinical data (1) – Robert Kerbel, Eddy Pasquier
2. Pre-clinical data (2) – Yuval Shaked, Bertolini Francesco, Ciccolini Joseph
3. Pre-clinical data (3) – Guido Bocci, Maria Grazia Cerrito
4. Breast cancer (1) – neo and adjuvant – Munzone Elisabetta, Emilia Montagna, Langkjer Sven, Marina Cazzaniga
5. Breast cancer (2) – metastatic– Marina Cazzaniga, Petru Edgar, Sanchez-Rovira Pedro, Munzone Elisabetta
6. Lymphomas – Pediatric cancer – Nicolas André, Cox Christina, Frank Berthold, Jaroslav Sterba
7. Colon, gastrointestinal and prostate cancers–Camerini Andrea, Woo In Sook, Urban Emmenegger
8. Gynecologic cancers – Piotr Wysocki, Łukasz Kwinta, Pawel Potocki
9. Lung cancer – Camerini Andrea, Francesco Grossi
10. Nursing care –Marina Cazzaniga, Olga Trevisi, Lourein Smit
11. Pharmacoeconomic aspects – Marina Cazzaniga, Umberto Restelli, Pan Pantziarka, Mario Alparone